The residential area is situated in the Danubian lowlands, in the southernmost corner of the Nitra uplands on the right bank of the Cabaj stream. The bounds of the municipality are located on a fertile flatland, 121 to 128 meters above the sea level. The municipality is situated 25 km from the district town Nitra and 24 km from the district town Nové Zámky.
A more intense settlement of the community began as late as the early 18th century with the development of farms, but mainly with new Slovak settlers arriving from the central and upper Nitra, Trenčín, Orava and Myjava regions as well as from Moravia. The colonisation process was finalised with the 1921 agrarian reform oriented towards the settlement of even the less densely settled boarder regions of the newly formed republic.
The current state and high land quality in the area are the result of the century long cultivation reaching as far as the late Stone Age and continuing until today. The very fertile muck can be in quality compared to the land on the Rye Island. The riches of the clear, mineral thermal water give this area an extraordinarily great potential.
With its average annual temperature of +10,4 °C, the community is amongst the warmest areas in Slovakia